To encourage the training of Japanese jujitsu in Fighting System
we use a belt promotion system.
Explaining the system
There is a minimum time you will practice FS (Fighting System) before you can do the technical part of the exam for your next belt. In that time you can gather your points you need in competition.
If minimum time is past and you have enough points you can do the technical exam. This is an exam with favorite techniques of the fighter
Fighting System is a competition martial art, so first gather the full points needed for the next belt.
For fighters of 30 and older with a valid reason, the demand of competition points can be deleted from the demands. This is a task for the federation.
The (national) federation can commit a minimum age for each belt.
Points schedule for competition
- The points you need to take part at the technical exam are: Yellow, 5 * Orange, 10 * Green, 15 *
Bleu, 30 * Brown, 50 * 1st Dan, 75 * 2nd Dan, 100
- For color belts you do the technical exam before your own sensei
- For 1st till 5th Dan you do a full technical exam before a three-sensei commission from the (national) federation recognized by the JJIF
Minimum time to get the next belt
White to Yellow, 6 month
Yellow to Orange, 9 monthOrange to Green, 1 year
Green to Bleu, 1½ years
Bleu to Brown, 1½ years
Brown to 1st Dan, 2 years
1st to 2nd Dan, 2 years
2nd to 3rd Dan, 3 years
3rd to 4th Dan, 4 years
4th to 5th Dan, 5 years
For every next Dan 5 years
(without technical exam)
- When a fighter becomes 2 times National champ and has Brown belt, he will be promoted to 1st Dan.
- When a fighter becomes Continental champ and has Black belt 1st Dan, he will be promoted to 2nd Dan.
- When a fighter becomes World champ or Worldgames champ and has Black belt 2nd Dan, he will be promoted to 3rd Dan.